Sunday, February 2, 2020

8 & 24 FOREVER

"Heroes come and go but legends are forever."

The texts are starting coming Sunday afternoon when the world found NBA legend has been killed in a helicopter crash at 41 years old. Many people went to social media to pay tribute to Kobe, his daughter and seven others who died in the crash.

I was going on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and literally any other social media platform and found the same news. I grabbed my tissues and started crying about the news because I realized how Kobe has impacted the lives of so many.


Every tweet was related to Kobe. Pictures, tributes, videos and articles all about how Kobe was more than just basketball. Obviously, I didn't have a relationship with Kobe Bryant, I only saw him play a basketball game against the Cleveland Cavaliers. So why was I crying so much about this death?

Kobe played 20 years in the league, won five championship rings and scored 33, 643 career points. He was known for being a champion but something I realized from the death of Kobe Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter and seven others that life is not fair.

Life is a gift. Life is precious. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. So hug your friends, your loved ones and don't hold on to grudges. We will never get answers to why bad things happen to great people. God is the only one to know that answer, so turn to Him. Ask God to give you the strength to grieve and live each day.

Thank you, Kobe Bryant. The world will never be the same. Basketball will never be the same. Mamba Forever.


1 comment:

  1. While reading this, I kept getting the chills. Your blog kind of opened my eyes to never take a day for granted. It was crazy how fast the news was spread on social media. Great tribute to the legend that Kobe was.

    ReplyDelete