Sunday, February 16, 2020

GALENTINE'S DAY

If you have ever watched the show Parks and Rec, you might know about the holiday of Galentine's Day. Galentine's Day is the day before Valentine's Day and it is all about celebrating the friendships you have.

So basically Galentine's Day is amazing because who wouldn't want a day to just show all the love to your gals. I love the idea of this day because it's an excuse to have a girl's night, get all dressed up (or stay in) and make all the memories with some of your favorite people. 

Galentine's Day offers a welcoming and chill vibe rather than a serious and romantic vibe for Valentine's Day. It's a party where "ladies are celebrating ladies." 

This day is celebrated on February 13th and I spent the day and weekend celebrating a HUGE basketball win with some of my favorite girls. On the actual day, we had basketball practice and we prepared for a tough league match up against John Carroll. 

After all the preparation, we traveled to Cleveland to take on the streaks and we won by one point! This game was so fun and we loved beating JCU. But even better, we won with our favorite girls. We got back on the bus to go home to Ada and had a girl's night filled with singing and dancing. We took a lot of pictures and had a lot of laughs. It was a great night. GO BEARS! 

If you ask me, this was one of the best ways to spend my Galentine's Day, playing basketball and celebrating with some of my best friends!

1 comment:

  1. Galentine's Day is a much better holiday than Valentine's Day in my opinion. I wish your game was home, so I could of been there but it looked like a thrilling game. Look your pictures. It looks like you had a fun night :)

    ReplyDelete