Friday, January 31, 2020

I DID A PODCAST



I have some awesome news, I completed my first podcast ever! And let me tell you, it was a grand time. I think the coolest part about it was I got to do it with one my best friend, Paige Hartings. Paige and I were pretty excited to do this assignment because our professor told us we could partner up and record it.

The podcast is called Meeting in the Middle and the goal is to pick a topic in social media and have an "expert" answer some questions. We decided to go with social media in the athletic world. Paige is on the volleyball team at Northern and as you know, I am on the basketball team. We asked the head coach of the volleyball team, Katie Kuhn, to be our expert in this topic.

The questions Katie answered for us 
1. What is the #1 thing you look for with your athletes on their social media accounts?
2. How do you feel about your athletes using social media? What do you think are the pros and cons?
3. During your recruiting process, do you look at their social media accounts?
4. What is the most important advice you could give an athlete or student in general about the use of social media?
5. Since you've been a college athlete yourself, how have things changed from your time as an athlete to now?

This podcast was a lot fun! I learned a lot about social media with myself, my program and my school. I hope this can help coaches and athletes in the future. Katie was relatable and easy to talk to, which made the podcast exciting!

Check out our first episode of Meeting in the Middle. Click here to listen!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed you all podcast!! I liked how you and Paige partnered up for the assignment and how you both easily flowed with one another. You guys should consider continuing the podcast series. It also was perfect social media opinion guide for the sport industry and the athletes a involved.

    ReplyDelete