Wednesday, September 9, 2020

ESCAPE TO PARADISE

If you have been keeping up on my blogs, you know I have been struggling through college with COVID-19. It was just Labor Day and normally we get Monday off but this year, we had to go tschool. I wasn’t planning on leaving ONU but I did and went to my favorite place.

I went to relax on Lake Erie at my grandma’s house in Marblehead. Chris and I decided to go last minute because we both needed to get away. I say “we” but it was mostly me and he is a rock star and offered to drive. It was a quick 24-hour trip and we filled up our whole time with being on the water and exploring the location. Chris has never been to the lake so it was fun to show him around but I wish we had a little more time.


We were able to Jet Ski around the area, we went the Marblehead lighthouse, we had a perch fish fry and we got the "famous" Toft's ice cream ... if you know you know. 


I haven't seen my grandma since I left for my summer internship so it was about three months and I really missed her. My grandma has a huge impact on my life and I could tell she really missed me. If you ask any of my cousins, they all say I am the favorite grandkid ... it's 100% true.


This weekend was so fun and I can't wait to go back to the lake soon and see my memaw. It is my home away from home and I loved being able to show Chris this special place. After the chaos, the lake was the only place I wanted to be and I'm so thankful I was able to go! 


test

3 comments:

  1. Marblehead is so fun! I love that area of Ohio. I actually went on a trip with my grandmother the summer before my freshman year at ONU and we visited a bunch of the different lighthouses and museums in that area. I would love to visit that area again and go to the Salem Witch Museum and village. I'm glad you had a good time and got to relax a bit, definitely a must with the current state of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That part of Lake Erie is so incredible, there is so much to do and scenery is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed your time at the lake this past weekend! You def needed a break from school. I hope one day to make it up there, because I've never been. It sounds like an awesome place and looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete