Monday, August 31, 2020

AB IN ADA


We are doing better. Last week was just not my week at all but this week is going better. This year is going to be a roller coaster but we are going to make it out thriving. 

Abby (my sister) was in Ada over the weekend for a wedding and I didn't even realize how much I missed her until I saw her. It was something I really needed and a piece of home. She came up on Thursday and stayed until Sunday. We had a grand time, she looked so pretty for the wedding and we got sister time. 

This was Abby's first time back at school since she graduated and I concluded there is no one else who loved college more than her. She was so invested with everything about COVID-19 and she wanted to be included on the roommate shenanigans. It was really cute and I think she needed to experience it again. 


My roommates were excited to see Abby and whenever you have two Brock sisters together, it automatically gets two times louder. I love when we are together because she knows how to calm me down when I am stressed out. 

I was really comforting to have her here this week with all the craziness and stress from the week before and I was able to vent and get it all out. I am hopeful things will start to look up and I start feeling somewhat of a normal again. 

Seeing her made me realize college is going by so fast and before I know it, I will be graduating. I really don't want to spend my weeks stressed and anxious about the future. My reminders for this week include:

1. Taking deep breathes 

2. Starting each morning with three things I am grateful for

3. Smile

2 comments:

  1. Having Abby here this weekend was so fun! The two of you together is like a tornado of fun and loud... in the best way possible lol! Not the mention - the amazing dinner you both cooked for all of us (which was amazing). I love your weekly reminders - I am going to remember these when I am feeling stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so so excited to see Abby this past weekend! I felt so sad that she missed Ada and every single person so much. I am hoping that she lands a job she really likes soon and I hope she comes back to visit again as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete