Sunday, October 25, 2020

I MISS SPORTS

If you can't tell, I'm kinda over the COVID. It's crazy to me to think everything was different a year ago and it has been like this since March. I don't know about you guys, but Snapchat memories from a year ago really make me emotional. I was going to soccer and football games, I was able to walk around without a mask and I was allowed to hug all my friends without the fear of getting yelled at to socially distance. 

I haven't been to a sporting event since my basketball game. THAT'S UNREAL. My cousins, who are still in High School, have been able to continue playing football and volleyball and I would be able to watch the livestream, but I missed watching under the lights. 

With football, I got extremely lucky to go see my cousin play Friday. We live in Akron, but the game was in Tiffin. It was under an hour to get there and I got to see my aunt, uncle, grandma and my grandma's friend. I took Chris with me and my family was really excited to him as well. Even though there was thunderstorm and there was an hour rain delay, I was very happy to see my family and watch some football. 

My cousin is the quarterback and he was playing so well. He had to take a year off from football due to a torn shoulder, but he looked confident and a straight baller out on the field. I was so proud of him. The game was close and we were winning for the majority of the game, but the other team came back in the last quarter and we lost 21-28. 

Even though the game didn't end the way we wanted it to, I was able to see some a lot of High School people and it made me realize how much I miss home. I can't wait to go home soon and spend time with my family. I think I have been exhausted and drained from school, so I'm ready to go home for a little bit. 

I can't wait for the spring to come and I'm ready for all the ONU teams to start playing. Please COVID, go away. 



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to see your cousin play since he was that close to Ada! Seeing family for the first time in a while is always the best feeling. I miss sports just as much as you do! And yes, I hope COVID goes away soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so awesome you got to go to your cousin's game. I wish COVID would go away too. I miss cheering, I miss football games, I miss normal life. It sucks so much and I can't wait until everything gets back to normal.

    ReplyDelete