Tuesday, October 20, 2020

HOMECOMING

Keeping up with the year of lasts, I just participated in my last homecoming ever. I never knew the power of homecoming until a global pandemic hit and took a lot of the activities away. This year, I was nominated to be on homecoming court and it was a huge honor. 

All last week, people would tell me congratulations and it made me realize how amazing Northern students and faculty are and how lucky I am to call this place home. With the COVID craziness, homecoming looked a little different this year. There was no parade, no football game and no in-person events. This was really tough because I would have loved to be a part of the parade and have my family come up for the weekend, but I have to remember this year is different. 

I was partnered with a men's baseball player, so it was a little athlete couple and we got some great photos with Klondike. I was running straight from practice, but I had enough time to shower and put on my face! My roommate let me wear all her clothes and the sun was out. It was a beautiful day for homecoming. 

I know homecoming is a huge deal because normally alumni would come back home and we would all get together to celebrate. Even though it didn't happen this year, I am so thankful and grateful for this school because they try to make it normal and give students an experience they won't forget. 

Although I didn't win queen, I felt so honored to be a part of this court and it is definitely a highlight of my college experience. I can't wait to come back to ONU next year for homecoming and I'm hopeful everything, I mean EVERYTHING, will be back to normal. 







2 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm glad you made it onto court, just because I'm the one who nominated you :) Even though you didn't win... you are a queen in my eyes!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you Em Brock! You are such a stellar, fun, happy person and no one better could have been nominated for Homecoming queen!

    ReplyDelete